Recipe by KalaLea K
Serves 2-3 egg lovin’ ladies (or 2 patient gents)
Who doesn’t love breakfast for dinner? This past week, I made my first frittata EVER with brussel sprouts and purple fingerling potatoes. Purple is my favorite color — just call me Princess! This recipe is super easy and ultra-yummy — if you like eggs.
PRE-HEAT OVEN: 350 degrees Fahrenheit
You will need:
5-6 Free-range/organic eggs
4-6 purple fingerling potatoes chopped (slice 1 of the potatoes thinly for the top)
a handful of brussel sprouts chopped finely
2 cloves of garlic chopped
1/2 onion chopped finely (i used sweet onions since brussel sprouts are a lil’ bitter)
1/4 tsp dried rosemary
1/2 tsp dried oregano or chives or both
1/2 tsp dried thyme
Salt (1 tsp) and Pepper (1/2 tsp)
2 TBSP olive oil
1/2 cup-ish of almond milk (or organic cow’s milk)
1/2 juice of lemon and zest
goat’s cheese (optional)
large mixing bowl
cast iron skillet
whisk or a spoon will do
PREP it UP!
1. In a large bowl, add eggs, onions, garlic, lemon zest, spices, olive oil, almond milk, and all spices
it should NOT be super thick nor watery … start with a little milk then add
2. In the same bowl, add the chopped brussel sprouts and potatoes then whisk/mix until ingredients come together
3. Pour egg and veggie mixture into a medium to large skillet
4. Place purple fingerling slices on top for color and fun (and cheese if you wish)
5. Place skillet in pre-heated oven
6. Cook for 15-20 minutes (until it’s bubbly on top and little brown underneath)
7. Clean while you wait !
Squeeze lemon juice over frittata, drizzle ex voo*, and serve with a green salad, Applegate chicken apple sausage, toast & jam. Mega easy and delicious!!
*extra virgin olive oil