Who eats radishes?, I said when a friend offered me a salad covered in them. I was twenty-three years old and lost when it came to eating healthy. Now, I enjoy this crisp, cooling veggie whenever they’re in season which is Spring/Summer. Here are 7 reasons to eat radishes:
1. detoxifies old residue in the body
2. prevents common colds & flu
3. clears the sinuses, phlegm, and sore throats
4. lowers blood pressure
5. high in potassium and Vitamin C
6. relieves indigestion and abdominal swelling
7. remedy for gallstones and kidney stones (eat 1/2 cup radish juice daily for weeks)
Serve with watercress or romaine lettuce, a bit of ex oo (extra virgin olive oil), plum vinegar, and raisins (if you choose).
NOTE: I am not a doctor so please consult your physician before eating large doses of anything I recommend. Although, I don’t believe eating radishes ever killed anyone.