Recipe by KalaLea K
Serves 4 mindful men (or women)
Preheat oven to: BROIL Baby!
You will need:
2 sustainably-raised chicken breasts
1/2 Vidalia onion or shallots chopped in long strips
2 TBSP of fresh grated ginger
2 TBSP of high heat oil (sunflower)
a little water
SPICE MIXTURE: (1 tsp of each)
garlic powder (not garlic salt)
PREP it UP!
BROIL then BAKE!
1. Add sunflower oil to your glass pan and little bit of water
2. Remove the 2 chicken breasts from the packaging (buy responsibly) and put directly into pan using thongs
3. Add half of spice mixture to one side of the chicken, flip over to add spices to other side
4. Add the grated ginger and onion slices on top of the chicken
5. Place the glass pan under the oven broiler for 3-5 minutes on each side – until brown
6. Turn the oven down to 350° F, and move the pan to the baking area
7. Bake for 25-30 minutes (turning chicken over half way through) until the meat is 165° F or the juices that come out of the chicken, when poked, are transparent
8. Turn off the oven, remove pan and let sit for 5-10 minutes before serving
Serve with quinoa (this is red quinoa) and salad or steamed greens. Greens, greens and more greens!