Let’s try something together, pick 3 days a week to drink as many fresh fruit or veggie juices you can handle. We’re NOT going to fast on these days. We’re making a concerted effort to drink fresh squeeze juices three days a week for 1 month.
Juicing is the most efficient way to get our daily dose of Vitamins Sunshine (carotene & chlorophyll), Peace (Potassium & other minerals) and Love (natural water & active enzymes), plus a slew of other vitamins, essential fatty acids, carbohydrates, and easily absorbed protein.
My reasons for drinking fresh juices are:
1. It’s my way of showing appreciation for my body and how it functions to keep me alive.
2. Juicing is much more affordable than missing work, doctor bills, over-the-counter cold medicines or antibiotics.
3. I feel happier, lighter and more energetic on the days I drink fresh juice and less refined foods.
4. I’m attracted to the beautiful colors of fruits and veggies (pigments such as chlorophyll, carotene, and flavonoids).
5. Eating “live”foods as opposed to “dead flesh” promote HEALTHY LIVING! Makes sense to me.
My Favorite VEGETABLE Juices:
* Carrots, beets, kale, cucumber, and green apple (I usually drink this 2-3 weekly)
* Cucumber, lettuces, celery, lemon, and ginger
* Carrots, cucumber, parsley, celery and broccoli
* Spinach, green pepper, celery, cucumber, parsley, green apple, and lemon
* Beets, sweet potatoes, carrots, and black strap molasses
My Favorite FRUIT Juices:
* Berries (mixed), a banana, almond milk, and goji berries
* Pears, strawberries, lots of cucumber
* Cherries, peaches, apples, pears, and cranberries
* Kiwis, mangoes, 1 lime, 1 lemon, and a banana
* Mango, blueberries, fresh-squeezed orange juice, and water
Go easy on the fruit juices — especially if you’re a diabetic, hypoglycemic, or prone to candida infections. I would suggest no more than 2 fruit smoothies or juices per day unless you’re running a marathon.
Use local, organic produce whenever possible. Also, refrain from drinking soda pop and alcoholic beverages on the days you’re juicing please.
Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday will be my 3 days this week. And you?