Sexy Mango Sticky Rice
by KalaLea on July 23, 2011 • Posted in Recipes
Recipe by Darla Gold
Serves 4-6 sweetie pies
You will need:
1 and 1/2 cup of water to boil
1 cup of sushi sticky rice or jasmine rice
1 fresh ripe mango
1 cup of coconut milk
1/4 cup of agave syrup
a small hand full of fresh grated coconut (optional)
a pinch of sea salt
1) a paring knife 2) a medium pot or saucepan 3) spoon
BEFORE YOU BEGIN: Save 1 TBSP of coconut milk for garnishing (thanks!)
COOK it UP!
- Boil 1 and 1/2 cups of water and 1/2 cup of coconut milk to a light boil
- Rinse rice in strainer then add to the boiling water, cover pot, and turn heat to a low simmer
- While the rice is cooking, rinse mango then cut around the seed. Watch this video for instructions.
- After 12-15 minutes, turn the heat off then let cool for 5 minutes
- Pour remaining coconut milk plus agave syrup over rice and stir until mixed well (you can do this in the pot)
- Serve rice on plate and make a pretty little mound then add mango slices on top and drizzle extra coconut milk and sprinkle grated coconut over the top as shown below
Considering the recent heat wave, it’s best to prepare this dish in the middle of the night. Yum!
Remember dessert should be eaten in extreme moderation. Plus I wouldn’t recommend this dish if you’re a diabetic.
Other Posts You Might Like